The Assistant Director for Marketing and Communications is responsible for the branding, marketing, and strategic communication efforts of The Career Center, including campaign planning and strategy development, brand management, market assessment and analysis, content and materials development, and media relations. The role works in concert with team leaders to develop and implement outreach plans and promotional campaigns that drive awareness of the Center’s programs, services, and resources. The position oversees the marketing budget, marketing and communication interns, and creation of print, social media, and website content. The Assistant Director must be committed to student success, to learning and understanding the career development process, and to working in a dynamic and collaborative campus environment.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communications, public relations, or a closely related field.
· Three years of professional work experience in marketing, public relations, communications, brand management or a related professional area.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience.
· Experience working on a team and in collaboration with others to meet the needs of organization and stakeholders.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Experience developing, implementing, and assessing the impact of marketing plans and/or promotional campaigns across multiple channels (social, digital, print).
· Experience working in higher education.
· Experience working with students.
· Experience that demonstrates understanding of diverse populations and knowledge of cultural differences.
· Experience with project management.
· Experience or familiarity with content management systems, such as Drupal or WordPress, to update and maintain web content.
· Experience or familiarity with design software, such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Applications must be received by November 9, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
· cover letter
· resume (months and years of employment must be included)
· academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or copy of diploma may be acceptable) for all degrees attained
· names/contact information for three references