Boston University’s Center for Career Development (CCD) seeks a Manager of Marketing & Communications. This role manages the CCD's marketing and communications activity across all channels and campaigns, overseeing all content creation, publication, distribution, and promotion. Channels include all social media, website, blog, podcast, campus advertising, print materials, videos, etc. This role supervises one dedicated student assistant and occasionally additional office interns for project work.
The Manager works closely with all staff members within the CCD, as well as a broad range of key campus partners throughout the University. This role reports to the Senior Associate Director of the CCD.
The role’s primary duties include:
- Managing the CCD's social media efforts, including spearheading new initiatives, identifying opportunities for growth, analyzing key metrics, and recommending strategy;
- Managing the CCD's marketing activity across multiple channels and methods (digital, email, print) for both general awareness and specific promotions in alignment with center priorities, all other marketing activities, and editorial direction from the Senior Associate Director;
- Serving as managing editor for all CCD content (web, handouts/guides, newsletters, blog, podcast, videos, etc.) overseeing content publication, distribution, and promotion;
- Identifying needs and coordinating efforts to develop new and revise existing content;
- Supervising a dedicated marketing/communication student assistant on all tasks and duties, and;
- Supervising additional office interns on marketing/communication projects.
About the Organization
The Center for Career Development (CCD), which serves all undergraduate and graduate students, is part of the Enrollment & Student Administration unit (ENSA). The CCD’s services and resources are designed to assist students and alumni in making intentional decisions about their professional futures, building purposeful lives, and pursuing their career goals while adapting to a changing world.
Across the 11 departments of ENSA, we are dedicated to ensuring that our policies, practices, and services meet the needs of an increasingly diverse University community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni. We do so through a lens of respect, and a commitment to encouraging the personal success and productivity of all employees. To read more about Boston University and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please visit https://www.bu.edu/diversity/about/diversity-statement/
A cover letter is required for consideration.
A Bachelor’s degree is required for this position. We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has five to eight years of related experience
- Can demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills
- Has experience with social media (versatile and up-to-date on trends, usage, and cutting-edge technologies), information management, website management (WordPress preferred), design, and project management
- Is organized, comfortable managing information and information resources, sharp and able to grasp complicated concepts
- Is able to handle involved projects independently
- Possesses initiative and drive
- Enjoys, and thrives, working with others as a member of a team.
A master’s degree is preferred, but not a requirement. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign), data collection and reporting, or photography are also helpful, but are not requirements for consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.